Saturday, March 22, 2008

Field Trip to the Dog Show

Julia and I took a short field trip to Raleigh, NC to the dog show last week. We wanted to see the different breeds competing and being groomed for competition. It's always good to pick up tips and pointers from the professional handlers and breeders who compete weekly. They groom differently than we do for pets but there are still ideas that we can use. I thought I would share a couple of the pictures that I took before my camera died.


These are the Bernese Mountain Dogs in the show ring. The judge looks at their conformation and the way they trot to select the best dog.
These are the English Bulldogs. They are so cute.


This is a Shih Tzu getting ready for the ring. They spend hours brushing and drying their coat. You can see that he has his moustache rubber banded up to keep it out of his water when he drinks.

We had a great time and learned a lot. We got to drool over all the beautiful dogs and even got in some shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pics! I am a fan of Bernese Mountain Dogs.