Monday, February 18, 2008

Poll: Which Quote Do You Agree With?

The following are quotes about animals from somewhat famous people. Do you know who said it? Which quotes do you agree with?

  1. "Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought
    about by human manipulation."

  1. "I don’t have a hands-on fondness for animals... To this day I don’t feel bonded to any non-human animal. I like them and I pet them and I’m kind to them, but there’s no special bond between me and other animals." --

  1. "If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don’t want to see another dog or cat born."

4. "We are not especially 'interested in'
animals. Neither of us had ever been
inordinately fond of dogs, cats, or
horses in the way that many people are.
We didn't 'love' animals”

5. "The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist."

  1. "[A]s the surplus of cats and dogs
    {artificially engineered by centuries
    of forced breeding) declined, eventually
    companion animals would be phased
    out, and we would return to a more
    symbiotic relationship--enjoyment at
    a distance."

  1. “I believe that every animal should be well cared for. No animal should be mistreated, abused, abandoned or neglected. It breaks my heart to think that there are dogs who are unwanted and alone.”
These are all legitimate quotes. I'll tell you who said what when the poll ends. I can't put the whole quote in the poll but will use the first five or six words.

No comments: